Media Review #5 – Indeed Sponsored Ads
ABOUT THE MEDIA:
Indeed describe themselves as a “job search engine” rather than a job board. Also commonly known job aggregators, or job scraping sites, Indeed are part of the new wave of media, who collate jobs from all over the internet onto one platform. Indeed’s pricing model is also different from traditional media. Posting a simple job ad is free – in fact your job ad will probably end up on Indeed whether you want to or not! However, you can choose to sponsor your ad, giving it higher priority in search results than other, non-sponsored campaigns. You decide the budget and it’s a pay-per performance model, meaning you only pay when you get results. For this review, we ran sponsored ads and allocated $250 per role.
ABOUT THE CAMPAIGN – WHAT ADS WE RAN:
For this review, we ran the following campaigns:
- Graduate Graphic Designer
- Advertising Coordinator
- Social Media Coordinator
- Senior Graphic Designer
Our Initial Findings:
- You can make unlimited changes to the ad during the 30 days it is live
- There are no options for logos or images, or ways to promote your organisations brand
- Indeed allows flexibility with application channels
HOW APPLICATIONS ARE RECEIVED:
Candidates can be directed to apply via an external link (we recommend your own dedicated careers website), or via an email address. Indeed doesn’t make people set up an account to apply for a job.
QUANTITY OF CANDIDATES RECEIVED:
- Graduate Graphic Designer - 61% of applicants came from Indeed
- Advertising Coordinator - 58% of applicants came from Indeed
- Social Media Coordinator - 23% of applicants came from Indeed
- Senior Graphic Designer - 25% of applicants came from Indeed
QUALITY OF CANDIDATES RECEIVED:
- Graduate Designer – 100% of shortlisted candidates came from Indeed.
- Advertising Coordinator - 70% of shortlisted candidates came from Indeed.
- Social Media Coordinator – 0 shortlisted applicants came from Indeed
- Senior Graphic Designer – 50% of shortlisted applicants came from Indeed
WHAT WE LIKED:
- Indeed allows you to direct candidates to apply via an external link.
- The pricing model is flexible, meaning you don’t need to commit more money than you want to.
- Indeed delivered not only a great number of candidates for the majority of our roles, but also great quality.
WHAT WE DIDN’T LIKE:
- The interface from a candidate’s perspective is clunky and not very user friendly
- Indeed shows job seekers ads based on their keyword searches – so to ensure you get the best out of your ads you need to use keywords correctly, which can be a challenge if you aren’t experienced.
Indeed is a great channel for recruitment and performed well at delivering both quantity and quality of candidates. If you are advertising for competitive roles, definitely invest in a sponsored campaign to get the best results. Keywords are really important when advertising on Indeed, so it’ worth doing a bit of research before posting, OR call in the experts – us!