Media Review #4 - YUDU
ABOUT THE MEDIA:
YUDU is a new media site launched in 2018 and hosted by NZME. New Zealand Media and Entertainment Promoted also host NZHerald, NewstalkZB and a range of other media. Promoted as having a user-friendly interface and smooth navigation, candidates are able to browse for jobs comfortably, meaning they are less likely to click away from the site. Yudu further attracts job seekers by offering insights, news and trends in their field.
ABOUT THE CAMPAIGN – WHAT ADS WE RAN:
For this review, we ran the following campaigns:
- Senior Graphic Designer
- Senior Account Manager
- Recruitment Business Partner
Our Initial Findings:
- It is cost-effective as it is currently free (although NZME have indicated they will start charging soon).
- Application numbers were very small throughout the entirety of the campaign.
HOW APPLICATIONS ARE RECEIVED:
Candidate can be directed to apply via an external link, or via an email address – either way, YUDU does not hold applications in their system. Our recommendation is to direct applicants to a careers page outlining the specific vacancy within your brand.
QUANTITY OF CANDIDATES RECEIVED:
- Senior Graphic Designer 0% of applicants came from YUDU
- Senior Account Manager 4% of applicants came from YUDU
- Recruitment Business Partner 3% of applicants came from YUDU
QUALITY OF CANDIDATES RECEIVED:
No candidates that came from YUDU were progressed as they did not have the suitable skills for the roles they applied for.
WHAT WE LIKED:
- Cost effective – it’s free!
- Yudu do not retain candidate data, unlike many job sites these days.
WHAT WE DIDN’T LIKE:
- Quantity and quality of candidates was poor
- There are too many categories to choose from, making it difficult to ensure that your ad will be seen by the right audience.
- Poor candidate experience, with many of the links directing candidates away from YUDU, towards the NZ Herald website.
- As a new website they keep changing their look and functionality, which may be contributing to the poor candidate quality and quantity
Even though it’s a free media, currently it’s not worth investing the time in posting an ad. Currently, YUDU is not delivering quality or quantity of candidates.